To take part in the July Open Studios you must be a current member of Cambridge Open Studios (COS) and have paid your participation fee (payments are taken between 1 November and 31 January).
By purchasing participation you agree that:
- Your first priority is to give the public the opportunity to talk with you about the techniques you use and the passions that inspire you
- You commit to personally manning your studio between 11am and 6pm on both Saturday and Sunday of the weekend(s) you select
- Members sharing an entry in the guide must exhibit at the same location and must ensure that at least half the exhibiting artists are present at any time
- Only the work of COS members who have paid to participate can be on display
- No entry charge will be made to visitors
- You will help publicise Open Studios by distributing your allocation of printed guides (around 60 copies)
- Participation costs £140
- This entitles you to one entry in the Cambridge Open Studios printed guide, on the July Open Studios web pages and on the COS App
- You can participate as an individual or share your entry (and fee) with one or more other Cambridge Open Studios members
- For a shared entry, one person pays the participation fee and is responsible for uploading content to be used in the printed guide, the Open Studios web pages and COS App
- You can open for one, two, three or four weekends in July. The 2019 weekends are July 6/7, 13/14, 20/21 and 27/28.
- We strongly recommend that you arrange public liability insurance if this is not already included in your home insurance policy. Ask other members who have participated before if you would like further advice on this matter.