Amanda Hall studied illustration at Cambridge School of Art. Brimming with colour, decoration and fantasy, her illustrations are created by a technique that combines watercolour inks with either pencil crayon, gouache or acrylics.
Amanda's illustrated books are translated into many different languages and sold around the world. Awards and selections for her illustrated books include:
THE FANTASTIC JUNGLES OF HENRI ROUSSEAU
Written by Michelle Markel. Published by Eerdmans Books for Young Readers (USA).
- Winner of the PEN/Steven Kroll Award for Picture Book Writing for an exceptional story illustrated in a picture book published in 2012
- Winner of the Parents’ Choice Gold Award Spring 2013 Picture Books
- Chosen as a Junior Library Guild 2012 selection (USA).
- Selected by jury for the 'Original Art 2012' at the Society of Illustrators, New York (USA).
- Capitol Choices list nominee (USA)
- Red Clover Award list nominee (USA)
- Storytelling World Resource Awards: Stories for Pre-Adolescent Listeners honors selection 2014
- Bank Street College Best Children’s Books of 2013
- New York Public Library: Children’s Books 2012: 100 Titles for Reading and Sharing
- About.com: Best Illustrated Children’s Books of the Year 2012
- Fuse # 8: 100 Magnificent Children’s Books for 2012
- Booklist: Top Ten Arts Books for Youth
- The Scottish Book Trust: Featured book in Ten Artistic Reads
LION CLASSIC AESOP'S FABLES
Written by Margaret McAllister. Published by Lion Children's Books (UK).
- Awarded Highly Commended in the Junior Design Awards best classic picture book 2012 (UK).
Written by Madhur Jaffrey.
Published by Pavilion Books (UK)/ Dial Books for Young Readers (USA)
- Winner of the US Parents' Choice Silver Award 1997 (USA)
THE BAREFOOT BOOK OF ANIMAL TALES
Written by Naomi Adler
Published by Barefoot Books (UK/ USA/ Germany/ Denmark/ Greece/ Portugal/ Spain/ Catalonia/ Korea/ Brazil)
- Short listed for the International Reading Initiative 2003.
IN ANDAL'S HOUSE
Written by Gloria Whelan.
Published (March 2013) by Sleeping Bear Press (USA).
THE BAREFOOT BOOK OF JEWISH TALES
Written by Shoshana Boyd Gelfand.
Published (Sept 2013) by Barefoot Books (UK/ USA).
Written by Anna Egan Smucker
Published (August 2015) Eerdmans Books for Young Readers (USA).
Written by Dawn Casey
Published (September 2015) Lion Children's Books.
Amanda works from a timber shed, hidden at the bottom of her magical garden.
Many of her original illustrations can be purchased from:
Chris Beetles Gallery
8 - 10 Ryder Street
London SW1Y 6QB
Telephone 020 7839 7551
Gallery online at: www.chrisbeetles.com