Cambridge Convoy Refugee Action Group
CamCRAG is inviting submissions on the theme of ‘Home’ for an art exhibition designed to support the homeless in Cambridge and homeless refugees in northern France. The exhibition will be held at the Michaelhouse Centre on Trinity Street, Cambridge, from 10 to 29 June 2019, to include Refugee Week.
The theme of ‘Home’ may be interpreted in any way the artist is personally inspired to respond. The project is an opportunity for artists, whether professionally established or newcomers, to contribute to this urgent cause as well as to publicise their work. An average of 2000 people visit the Michaelhouse Centre each week, providing wide exposure for the work over the three week period.
Digital submissions are requested by Friday 26 April to HomeArt@camcrag.org.uk. Acceptance will be confirmed by Tuesday 7 May.
Further information for artists is given below – if you have any questions please email Elizabeth Stephan on email@example.com
Information and Terms for Artists
- Artists may submit up to three pieces of original work: paintings, drawings, artists’ prints, photographs or textile works prepared for hanging (see details below)
- The work may have been previously displayed. The work should not normally be larger than one square meter but exceptions will be considered. There will also be browsers to display mounted, cellophane-covered unframed work, up to A3 size, should artists prefer this.
- The submission fee is £15 for the first accepted piece of artwork (£10 for each subsequent work, free for students), to be paid at the time of delivery of the artwork. This will go to CamCRAG.
- Digital submissions are requested by Friday 26 April to HomeArt@camcrag.org.uk. Acceptance will be confirmed by Tuesday 7 May and the artwork must be delivered on Sunday 9 June.
- At the time of digital submission, please provide the artist’s name, contact details, and the title of the work(s), medium, and size of the artwork. Please also include sale price if applicable.
- CamCRAG and Michaelhouse reserve the right to determine the suitability of the work for display. We cannot guarantee that all submissions will be displayed. This will be indicated after the proposed work is digitally submitted (dates as above).
- All artwork should be ready to be hung from the Michaelhouse fittings (picture rails), fitted with D Rings/eyelets. It may be framed or on stretched canvas, for example, but not in a clip frame.
- If artists wish to sell their work, 30% of the fee should be donated to CamCRAG. Sales will be arranged privately between buyer and artist.
- Artists are responsible for the insurance of their work, though volunteers will take every care to ensure the protection of the exhibition during the three-week period.
- There will be a private viewing with drinks on Wednesday 12 June, 6.00pm to 8.30pm. This will be free for exhibitors and a guest. Other guests will be invited to make a £10 donation to CamCRAG.
- Artists should arrange for their work to be delivered from 12pm to 1.30 pm on Sunday 9 June, and collected on Sunday 30 June between 9.15am and 10.45am. If any artist has difficulty delivering or collecting their work, please email Elizabeth on firstname.lastname@example.org.